Sunday, November 9, 2008

More Change at Change.gov

This time it with respect to the renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban.

Ace over at Ace of Spades managed to catch this now-you-see-it now-you-don’t over at Change.gov



But I do recall that Obama promised that he wouldn’t take anyone’s guns ... after all he didn’t have the votes:

“Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ [Obama] said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’


Now it looks like he does have the votes.

On the plus side, democrats from deeply red states who assured us that "Obama doesn’t want to take anyone’s guns" could be in real trouble in a few years.

John Tester, for example:

“I talked to Obama straight up on it,” Tester said. “He told me flat out, ‘I'm not taking your guns away and don't let anybody tell you that I will.' ”

Tester, a Big Sandy farmer, told reporters that he's a guy “who likes my guns, to be honest with you,” and said Obama looked him “straight in the eye” and said the Second Amendment will be safe under an Obama presidency.


I'd like to see these words come back to haunt Tester when he is up for re-election.

No comments:

Post a Comment